Here’s an updated version of the key function graphics for the MSSIAH monosynth, sequencer and bassline apps. Just in time for christmas.
I’ve included graphics for the C64 style, C64C and C128 keys.
Notes on application
- Some “Clear Transfer Decal Paper” from ebay or a hobby shop
- Clear spray sealant
- Colour laser or inkjet printer
- C64C keyboard – old style or new
- GIF from the link above
1. Print out gif onto Decal paper (use label or gloss setting)
2. Apply 3 layers of clear sealant, leaving sufficient time to dry as per sealant can. This is so the printer ink doesn’t break up or dissolve when applying
3. Pry off the keys from keyboard. Don’t worry, they pop back on. Don’t lose the springs!
4. Clean and remove extra graphics with knife or sandpaper as required
5. Cut out individual key graphics, then soak for a minute or so and apply to keys with a steady hand, as directed by Decal paper instructions
6. Spray a few layers of sealant onto the working surface of the keys. Wait in between. Multiple thin layers are better than one or two big goopy layers,